EARTH, WIND & FIRE
As part of the European Researchers Night 2012 organisers of the Sea2Sky event are asking all young photographers to submit photographs to the free competition entitled ‘Earth, Wind and Fire’. Open to students of all ages across Irish primary and post-primary schools, we are encouraging talented young photographers to capture unique moments incorporating Marine, Atmosphere and Astronomy. Entries are invited under two themed categories:
- Capture the Marine Environment
- Capture the Sky by day or night.
- 7 – 12 years old
- 13- 15 years old
- 16 – 18 years old
- Entry to the competition is free
- A maximum of 2 entries per category will be accepted from each entrant
- Entrants may submit entries for more than one category
- Black/White and/or colour photographs will be accepted
- All photographs must be original and taken by the entrant
- Photographs must not be digitally manipulated or altered
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright
- If the photograph contains images of people who are recognisable, it is the responsibility of the entrant and the entrant hereby confirms and warrants that a) he/she has informed the individual that he/she shall submit the photograph to the competition b) that he/she has obtained the individuals consent to the submission for the photograph to the competition c) the photograph does not infringe either national law or local by-laws
- All images will be displayed at the Sea2Sky event at the Galway Bay Hotel on September 28th 2012.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Photographs may be used in media (including print and online) for publicity purposes.
- Entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants wishing to supply hard copies should send them to Sea2Sky Photo Competition,
- Galway Tribune, Market Street, Galway. Please include name, address, age & category.
- With each entrant please include Name, Age, School, Category, Where the photo was taken.
- Closing date 5.00pm Wednesday 26th September 2012.